Thursday, January 8, 2015 | By: Anita

Thankful Thursdays

It’s a new year and that means a new word...
Last week I announced that my word for 2015 is thankful and if I am being truthful, being thankful does not come easy for me. I tend to take for granted all the blessings and simple pleasures that are present in my life.

I’m hoping that as this year progresses and I begin to be consciously aware of the many things and people I have I my life, I will learn to find the benefits in all circumstances, whether I like them or not. Hoping to discover a life so full of thanksgiving that it will naturally flow out of my heart and mouth without effort throughout each day.

But it’s going to take some discipline and old-fashioned grit to get into the habit. What if we “trained” ourselves to receive any and every situation with thankfulness? When things don’t go our way, we need to remember “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 {New International Version {NIV}} When we face difficult situations we should ask ourselves: “What’s good about this?”, “What can I learn from this?”, and “How can I benefit from this?”

In her book “One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are”,  Ann Voskamp. writes about “finding joy in the midst of deadlines, debt, drama and daily duties.”  The title itself says it all.  It is a challenge, a call to action ~ to not just live right where you are but to live fully where you are ~ be present. She has provided inspiration to so many Christians who are swept up in the chaos of everyday life, and so I want to start my own list of one thousand, well let's not get to ahead of ourselves, let's start with one a day and see...
1. my husband
2. daughter & son-in-law
3. two sons
4. our puppy’s snuggly personality
5. weekly chats with my mom
6. walking down the quiet side-roads of the country
7. white wine
8. starbucks & costco trips with my girl


“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:17 {New International Version {(NIV}}

Will you join me as we begin to be truly thankful for each day, and for each opportunity given to us, and who knows? we might just see how truly blessed we really are.

Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!

Take Care

0 comments: