Tuesday, December 23, 2014 | By: Anita

Just Think

I am a planner, a list maker, a ‘I like to know what is going to happen before it happens’ type of person. I totally get excited as the new year approaches. It is a new beginning. A fresh start of our plans for the upcoming year. A time to make new lists!

Devotions {time with God}, I believe are an instrumental part of our faith walk. Being purposeful in reading a good devotional book alongside the Word equals wonderful time of growth in our faith.

So when I read
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 {New International Version {NIV}}I get excited thinking about the plans He has for me more than any list of plans I can make for myself. It’s not easy to let go of the ideas or plans that I have made because really, no matter how many plans we have, how many lists we make, our path is not our own. He has already made our plans. He knows our path. There is simply is so much we do not know and do not understand, and yet we can trust that HE is taking care of it all. He has a reason for everything. Each season in our life is made perfect in His timing with His plans for His purpose.

Somehow, we’re almost at the end of the year 2014 and as I look forward to what 2015 will bring, I am praying that I would see His hand in every part of my life and that I would be only in those places where He has placed me to fulfill His special purpose for my life.

Just Think ~ Roy Lessin
Just think, you’re here not by chance, but by God’s choosing.
His hand formed you and made you the person you are.
He compares you to no one else–you are one of a kind.
You lack nothing that His grace can’t give you.
He has allowed you to be here at this time in history
to fulfill His special purpose for this generation.

As the year comes to an end, I encourage you to take some time and spend it with God, and may you be reminded that He has great things in store for each of us. He has a plan for us to shine His light the brightest. Our future and our dreams are safe in His hands. 


Can you even imagine the plans He has for you!?

Blessings

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

Great post! Thank you!