Tuesday, December 30, 2014 | By: Anita

Grey Day

Can you believe we are about to embark on a new year? 

2015 is just around the corner. When a new year approaches, it seems to roll in with much hope. There are 365 days in a year. No more and no less. And even though most of the days on my calendar are blank, God has a plan and a purpose for every single one of those days.

It’s at this time of year that most people often reflect on the year that is ending and make some plans for the year that will begin. Call them whatever you will ... plans, goals, or resolutions.

As I sit here this morning, I’m doing the same thing. Reflecting on my one word for 2014 and praying over the word for 2015.  


After a wonderful time of celebrating Christmas with our family combing food and games and chatter and hot tubbing and photo taking, today it’s quiet… almost too quiet, it feels kind of like a mental hangover.   It’s been a couple of days since the kids were all home for Christmas and while we had an amazing time together, I now feel a little lost… sure, there’s that post- Christmas cleanup and that huge to-do list that’s gotta get done, buuuuuuuuuuut, it isn’t the highest priority ~ all I really want to do is find a really good book grab more tea and settle in for a day of hibernation! 

Do you ever have those days when nothing seems to go right?


I’ve been there. Done that. Bought the T-shirt.

Trust me it’s not easy!

Sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s bad…and sometimes it’s downright ugly.


Even though the day has started off a bit ‘off’ and grey there is a promise tucked away and I can take a deep breath and be reminded of the joy that will come…

… might be time for some power playlisting to get me moving.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

I haven't had much time to reflect yet as we've still had family things going on till today and still preparing for one - day after tomorrow. I'm wishing for time... but as I'm reading a few posts here it sounds like focusing on one word might be a good solution. I think I may have it. Wishing you a blessed New Year where God fills the blank pages with awareness of His faithfulness and love.