Thursday, April 25, 2013 | By: Anita

You are

Those all too familiar words, I'm not good enough, kept playing over and over again in my mind. My heart knows this is not true, but it was a day where I felt the weight of those words.

You see, I've always wanted to be perfect at something. ... .. anything. I just want one thing. Give me that one thing Lord and I will use it to glorify you.

Here I am. It's Thursday, and as I sit here I can't help but find myself asking again is here really where you want me, God?


I keep waiting for his response.

Every time I find myself questioning if here is where He has called me to be, I'm reminded of these words said by Paul, from Colossians 3:23 {New Living Translation {NLT}} “Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people”.

As I anxiously await my next season of life; I feel frozen in indecision in wanting to know certainty before stepping out. I want my decisions to always be perfect and right. Frozen in wanting perfection and control. But, {and here’s the thing} I don’t have to be in control, I can give my fears over to the Lord He will guide my path, He doesn’t care if I end up making the “wrong” choice. As long as I am resting in Him, no decision will be wrong.
So, I’m not going to wait for everything to be perfect. I’m not going to wait for me to be perfect, to look a certain way, to have a certain education, to own a certain item, to be a certain age, weight, status.. .. . …

Now is the time, the time to live, the time to be, the time to experience, all that God has planned for me ~ all that I am meant to be, here.

Blessings


0 comments: