Saturday, April 6, 2013 | By: Anita

hold on

when it's quiet on a blog {at least when it's quiet on my blog} there are usually two main reasons;
1. there isn't a whole lot going on in my life to blog about.
2. there's too much going on in my life to blog.

and i've found this to be true with a few other blogs i've been reading lately

but it’s what happens in the quiet times


it’s very hard and i struggle, when it seems that God is silent, not everyday but some days… i can get quite discouraged.

everyone around me {or so it seems} is flourishing while my spiritual life appears dead. i’m left thinking did I offend God? maybe i prayed for something i shouldn’t have. i press in and seek His face and i’m still not hearing Him. sound familiar?

but you know what?
 

i may get discouraged, but i don’t stay discouraged. i continue to seek His face, His Word, His heart and stay faithful in this season of stillness. why?

because i think about how far He’s brought me and not how far i need to go
 

He’s allowing me to grow and develop trust, depth, sensitivity, and character. once this season is over, His promise will breakthrough like sunshine on a gray cloudy day. because He is in charge and is working things out behind closed doors for His purposes. {Jeremiah 29:11}

our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. rather than look at the troubles we can see now; we should fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18

and that will give way to new life.

blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

THANKS
I needed to read this one
Bliss