Monday, August 8, 2011 | By: Anita

Stuff Mart

Early this morning, Krystle called me and wondered if we could take a quick trip to Costco, which is absolutely one of our favourite stores. As we enter, and see the floor to ceiling shelves of stuff, Krystle said this reminded her of Madame Blueberries adventure to Stuff-Mart, in the Veggies Tales classic. Are you familiar with the Story?
Madame Blueberry is the tenth episode in the VeggieTales animated series with the subtitle "A Lesson in Thankfulness", it conveys the message that material possessions will never truly make us happy. We must instead be thankful for what we have. The story introduces Madame Blueberry who has many possessions but is perpetually "blue". When a massive department store opens nearby, she goes on a shopping binge thinking that owning more things will bring her happiness. Ultimately she must learn the hard way that joy cannot be found in material goods.

I can empathize with Madame Blueberry. While I am not to the same extreme as her, there are times I must admit that I too find myself getting caught up with stuff, thinking it could make me happy.

Madame Blueberry probably one of my favourite VeggieTales movies. This story teaches that "being greedy makes you grumpy, but a thankful heart is a happy heart!" A gentle reminder to us all.

Blessings

0 comments: