Thursday, August 18, 2011 | By: Anita

Magic 2012

StingerSling Spider. Moulder Beast. BellTower Sphinx. Aven Fleetwing. Llanowar Elves. Does that make any sense to you? No? Me neither.

But if you're an avid Magic Gathering 2012 player, you know exactly what each of these creatures are and their capabilities.

Darcy has found a new new game. One that can be played on-line with the X-box and he just purchased the cards to play with those in the family who are willing. He and I sat at the dining room table as he patiently tried to teach me all the rules of this very complex game. Not really knowing what I was doing I asked ALOT of questions trying to keep my creatures alive, using instants & artifacts, while trying to destroy his creatures by using spells. Make sense? nah i didn't think so. But he seemed to be enjoying himself as he helped me figure out what I needed to do, while he was trying to take my "health", which apparently is the only way you end the game. At one point I had him 7 - 3. At his turn he lays the Vampiric Dragon and wipes me out. Game Over.

It's definitely one of those strategic thinking games. Hopefully the more I play, and gather more experience, I'll become a worthy adversary.

Blessings

4 comments:

Becky said...

sounds complicated...good for you to persevere....it is nice when you can still play games with your kids when they are 21


Blessings
Bliss

Candice said...

Great Christmas idea... thanks!

Anonymous said...

oh how my nerdy heart beats wildly! nice one Anita! I'm proud of you :)

krystle ann-marie said...

I think I'll stick with Monopoly. :)