Tuesday, July 19, 2011 | By: Anita

Finish Line

Over the past months, I've been challenged more and more about living a life well lived. Opportunities come and go...at work, in my home, on my travels, with my friends and mere acquaintances.

How do I reflect life in my ordinary world, with boldness and confidence? How do others see me? Am I living my life well?

Following Jesus is not a spectator sport, it's an active work of daily discipline, looking to Jesus as the author and finisher of our race, walking uprightly, serving him. It's not all about winning the race, as much as it is about finishing the race...with faithful completion. It is my prayer that I too, will be known as a person running the race with purpose and vision, rather than being caught up with religiosity, and that my words and actions reflect that He is the risen Lord.

As 2 Timothy 4:7 says "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." My prayer is that as I continue through each season of life, HE will be formed in me and when I cross the finish line I will hear my Lord reply "well done, good and faithful servant."
Blessings

0 comments: