Friday, October 8, 2010 | By: Anita

Road trip anyone?

No, not for me, anyway. I just returned home from being on the road for 10 yes, count them 10 hours. With Thanksgiving just around the corner our two boys who are away at college this year came home. And who should be the lucky chauffeur, yep that's right, me. So I left at 10 am this morning, drove to London to pick up son #2, returned home and headed right back out to drive to Orillia to pick up son #1. Thankfully my dad was able to come with me the second time, as I wasn't looking forward to doing that drive alone. Sitting here typing this blog, I find myself grinning from ear to ear and listening as my boys re-connect with each other. It's so nice to have them home.

We'll be celebrating Thanksgiving on Sunday and the whole family will be together again. That's one thing I know I took for granted - having family at home. With the boys gone to school and Krystle married, Wayne & I find ourselves as empty nesters, it'll be a nice change to have the nest full again this weekend.

Blessings

2 comments:

Becky said...

looking forward to re-connecting with your family...
at least the weather was nice for the drive...

Thanksgiving Blessings
Bliss

tomandlynette said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a wonderful holiday celebrating with your great family.

love Lynette