Friday, October 22, 2010 | By: Anita

Life is like a Box of Crayons

Colouring was one thing I enjoyed doing with my kids. We would and did spend several hours sitting together coloring. I found that when we were focused on something else, like colouring, the conversations we shared were some of the best. I loved colouring, opening a brand new colouring book with a new set of crayons, would a bring a smile to my face. Sometimes I wish that I still had little people around to colour with, it's just not same doing it alone.

Introduced in 1903, a box of Crayola crayons sold for a nickel and included eight of the same colors available in today's palette: red, blue, yellow, violet, orange, black and brown. We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.

Blessings

2 comments:

Candice said...

and when you take a bunch of them and put them in a melting pot - the combined effect is really cool.

krystle ann-marie said...

macaroni & cheese is my favourite colour! HA! It's legit.