Sunday, October 3, 2010 | By: Anita

Decompress

Every once in a while I need a day or sometimes two to decompress. The World English Dictionary describes it: (diːkəmˈprɛs) — vb 1. to relieve (a substance) of pressure or (of a substance) to be relieved of pressure.

It wasn't until a few years ago I realized how much I needed time away from everything so I could make time for me. For the longest time I always felt selfish/guilty for taking time for just me. Most of us moms know that time for us usually gets put to the back burner, as we're usually putting our loved ones first. We're great for giving everyone what they need and even sometimes what they want that we too often end up neglecting ourselves.

As I came to realize that for me to do my 'job' well I needed time to decompress. Normally I do this with journaling, as I think we owe it to ourselves to make some record of our lives. I hate the idea of waste in general, and I know how much of my time, how many thoughts, ideas, and memories, would be lost forever if I didn't write at least some of it down. Consequently, I have written journals on and off for around 15 years now. Sure, life isn't all roses, and a journal can be a useful medium for sounding off about the world and working off your everyday frustrations.
But today I found that sitting quietly with my journal didn't just cut it; so I took some much needed time and got away from the normal routine, away from everything, and had some "me time".
Blessings

1 comments:

kelly gackstetter said...

Love it ....leave the chaos for the land of real living!!