Monday, November 21, 2016 | By: Anita

Winter is coming!

Like it or not, for most of us the cold weather arrives good and solid, long before the first day of winter on December 21st.

Winter weather is more than just icy roads and cold temperatures. Living with fibromyalgia and my other health issues, wintertime blues are simply a fact of life.   A stormy sky or a sunny day can affect and impact my mood and ability to get outdoors. Rainy and windy weather can intensify pain and other symptoms.   Pain can be difficult to live with at any time, but when combined with cold temperatures, it's magnified.

And winter is fast approaching!  {especially after this weekends wintry preview}

Sometimes I forget that all of life is a journey.

It sounds silly, I know.

I get stuck in the season, lodged in a rut, or have a zoomed-in focused on the frustrations of the day-to-day.

Sometimes, the journey through winter feels like forever. The cold lingers and the snow continues to fall. We try to keep up with everyone and everything, pushing ourselves beyond our limitations… and it isn’t easy.  Whether it's because of the cold weather, minimal sunlight, shorter days, or if you're like me, when the air takes on a bit of a chill I often experience a rise in Fibro flares. 

Surviving the winter cold can be a difficult time for many of us.  Especially if you happen to live in good ole Huron County, where freezing temperatures are the norm for months on end. 

Now, I don’t share these details for pity or sympathy and I am oh-so-aware that so many struggle with issues far more significant and devastating.

But here's the thing, I want to be content in the months to come… and thank God for the journey. Thank Him for His gentle leading, for His gracious provision, and for guiding me through another wintry season.  

So with winter just around the corner, I'm going to slow down a little more and allow myself more times of rest.  Taking it one day at a time and enjoy the journey through this season.

Take Care

0 comments: