Saturday, November 12, 2016 | By: Anita

A little Grumpy

It’s been a week since we switched from Daylight saving time ~ and for a week I’ve been feeling quite grumpy. 
Do you ever have those days weeks where nothing seems to be going right and no matter what happens, you just feel cross? 

This whole week, I found myself discontent with more than one thing. And then it just seemed to snowball from there.

I don’t know if it was because of the time change, hormones, or a bad mood, but whatever the reason, I just wasn’t at my best. 

In my head I was thinking about how I do everything around the house {which isn’t at all true} and all I wanted was my husband to appreciate all that I do for him. {which he does} I was determined to think of a way get a verbal “thank you” from my husband. 

Right in the middle of that thought God reminded me that “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” Colossians 3:23-24  
{New International Version {NIV}}

yikes! 

It took almost a minute for that verse to sink in… 

The Lord sees what I do when no one is looking, but He also sees my heart while doing it. My heart should sing praises to Him knowing that I am serving my family all for His glory… not for my own.

Take Care

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

Thanks .. such a good reminder.