Friday, November 4, 2016 | By: Anita

Being ok

I like to be part of things. I like to take part, to show up, to join in, to be in the club. I suffer from a little bit of FOMO – the Fear of Missing Out
Recognizing your problem is the first step, right?
You hear about FOMO a lot these days. In fact, the word was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2013.
We are busy. We have so many obligations. And every one of them important. 

Really important

We are constantly in contact with everyone. We are inundated with news stories, personal highlights ~ all giving us something else to do, to think, to feel.
We are tired.

I am tired.

Because the reality is, I can’t.

Not today.
Today I don’t have it.

Today isn’t the day to fake it until you make it.

I’m losing perspective and letting FOMO drive me, often blindly, to do things I don’t even really want to do, because I'm afraid of missing out.
So rather than thinking FOMO ~ let’s change it to JOMO {Joy of Missing Out} and spend our days. Nights. Weekends. Not worrying about what everyone else is doing. But enjoy doing what we like.
Because half the time I don’t really want to go anyway. 

Take Care

0 comments: