Tuesday, September 27, 2016 | By: Anita

His Grace

It’s been a rough couple of days... 

Weeks...

Who am I kidding?

It’s been a rough couple of months.

I try to do enough to keep things from sinking. But I wonder… am I doing anything well?

I wonder ~ if I keep pushing myself to accomplish everything on my to-do list; surely that would fix everything.

Except 

that I know it wouldn’t.

I feel like I’m not doing anything well, but that doesn’t necessarily make it true. The fact that I have weaknesses doesn’t make everything about me weak. I have plenty of strengths.  One minute I’m determined to trust God. In the next, I feel myself slipping. The “why” questions tumble in so hard. 

Ever been there?

I'm trying to accept the fact that God has wired me in a specific way, and that “His grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9 {New International Version {NIV}}

He knows the desires of my heart. His plans are good and perfect, and He has filled me with everything I’ll truly need.

So here's the thing I'm learning, despite the circumstances, and even the midst of it all, I'll continue to give Him thanks for all the good things, the bad things and the hope of things to come.

Take Care

1 comments:

Debra said...

Well this just made me want to watch LOST. When I saw the hand in the mirror it made me think of Charlie and the "not Penny's boat".
Plus your last comment is exactly how to sum up the entire six years. There was a lot of bad things, good things and hope.