Friday, September 16, 2016 | By: Anita

Hold on...

In my devotions today, I read:

I hurt 

Have you ever noticed how exhausting physical pain is? Not only are your nerves all jangled and fried after a day of constant pain, but you have no energy. Steady pain drains you, and so does steady emotional pain. You don’t sleep well, if at all, and that leaves you in a semi-zombie state. 

When part of you hurts all the time, all of you hurts: “My back is filled with searing pain; there is no health in my body. I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart. All my longings lie open before you, Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you. My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes” (Psalm 38:7-10). 

One of God’s goals for your life is to discourage you from falling in love with life on earth. This is not our final destination. We’re not home here--the Bible calls us pilgrims and wanderers. From God’s point of view, our pain is not disastrous if it relaxes our grip on our money and our stuff (which we’ll have to leave behind anyway). 

Pain also lifts our faces up to heaven to call to our greatest physician. When he comes with deliverance, we will then know who helped us--we won’t just shrug or call it coincidence or luck. 

Pain is so much more bearable when you’re not alone. How wonderful of God to send us people to help bear the load. Do any pain sufferers need you today?

My week has been tough. I've been in alot of pain, and have felt completely exhausted on most days.  Let's just say I'm not getting much of anything accomplished.

How great is it that when I find myself at the end of my ropes,  God ever so gently reminds me of His great love for me.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains ~ where does my help come from?  
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.”  
Psalm 121:1 {New International Version {NIV}}

Take Care

0 comments: