Monday, September 12, 2016 | By: Anita

Books, books and more books

I'm not one to wander anywhere without a book in my hand or stashed in my purse. I’ve even taken books along to places I knew would provide little to no opportunity for reading them, out of sheer hope maybe, or perhaps because it just feels wrong to leave the house without one ~ like forgetting my cell phone or my wallet.

I’ve read through a stack of good reads this summer, and have a stack still in my office. 

Every time I start a new book, I tell myself I will commit to reading just one book at a time, but really, what on earth kind of crazy-talk is that? There is no way I can read just one book at a time. No. Way. And so this summer I found myself sitting on my front porch almost daily… gorged on the stories and words of others. 

Autumn is also a good time for reading, reading and more reading, all the live-long day, and into the night when necessary. At no time have I suffered regret for having stayed up to read *just one more page*.

We are so fortunate to have a public library in town it's one of my fav go to spots. And the best part?  It's connected to other local libraries which of course means lots and lots of books! If the branch in town doesn’t have what I’m looking for, I can simply request it from another one. And even better is I can do that requesting online.

How awesome is that?!?

Ours library has oodles of programs too ~ for kids, teens, adults and families. From storytime and puppet shows to meet the author.  The library offers so many free, quality programs for the community.

As soon as I walk in the front door I feel right at home.  Each time I enter, I'm welcomed by name and we spend time chatting about all the new books, and each time I leave I look forward to going again. 

I love the library!

Take Care

0 comments: