Wednesday, September 21, 2016 | By: Anita

Autumn

Today marks the official first day of autumn…. and as I surf around the internet, there is either an expression of great enthusiasm and excitement, or one of dread as we head into a new season...

Now, we all know where I lie on the 'Autumn O Meter'. I have loved this time of year ever since before I can remember.


Autumn has always been my favourite time of year. I love the crunching leaves, the warm days and cooler nights. I love comfy pants and warm sweaters.  I love crock-pot cooking, flannel blankets and woollen socks.  There's even something better about the air. 


But lately I’ve come to love autumn for an entirely different reason. Maybe it’s because I can get out less, or maybe it’s because I have such a hard time getting any real sleep. For whatever reason, I am recognizing autumn as an invitation to slow down.


Autumn... 


it's calling me to rest.  

Perhaps you need this invitation too? 


Take Care

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

It's funny, I don't like new beginnings, but I love autumn... the colors, the feel of it, sweaters, our wedding Anniversary and usually that means getting away for a bit. Resting. I like that.