Friday, April 10, 2015 | By: Anita

Overwhelmed

My alarm clock goes off and I groan. Is it time to get up already? I reach over and press the snooze button. Pulling the covers over my head, I think about everything I need to do today. I groan again. Is it Saturday yet?
Ever since we’ve been home, it’s been non-stop go - go - go!  Laundry, cooking, cleaning, errands, grocery shopping, bookwork, and the list goes on…

I am simply overwhelmed.  Making me feel like I am drowning in a flood of all the tasks  {e-mails to return, groceries to buy, visits to make, bookwork to get caught up in, house to be cleaned, meals to plan, family to prepare for} to complete and all the things I expect of myself {and things I think others expect of me ~ whether in truth they do or they don’t.}

I haven’t been still.  And for this introvert that is not a good thing, by the end of last week I was fading and fast,.  I knew something had to give but what?  Sadly I knew it was going to be Sunday morning service, sure I knew I would miss Pastor Brent’s amazing sermon, I would miss chatting with my dear friend Esther and yes, I would definitely miss the worship music.  But you know what?  Sometimes, something just has to give..

And then Sunday morning, I read this from my Jesus Calling devotional by Sarah Young:
Stop trying to work things out before their times have come. Accept the limitations of living one day at a time. When something comes to your attention, ask Me whether or not it is part of today’s agenda. If it isn’t, release it into My care and go on about today’s duties. When you follow this practice, there will be a beautiful simplicity about your life: a time for everything, and everything in its time.

A life lived close to Me is not complicated or cluttered. When your focus is on My Presence, many things that one troubled you lose their power over you. Though the world around you is messy and confusing, remember that I have overcome the world. I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace.

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaver.” Ecclesiastes 3:1 {New International Version {NIV}}

And I knew I would be going to church .  And you know what?  I heard the most amazing sermon from Pastor Brent, I enjoyed a wonderful chat with my friend Esther, and I participated in the most awesome worship music…

Am I still overwhelmed?  Sure, but learning to trust that God is taking care of me each and every day, helps give me the strength to carry on.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6 {New International Version {NIV}}

Do you ever get overwhelmed? What do you do?

Take Care

1 comments:

Debra said...

After having little ones back in my house to make lovely messes of glitter and glue you begin to realize as long as people have clean underwear and socks, some food, the rest will happen when it happens. :)