Monday, April 27, 2015 | By: Anita

Isaiah 40: 29 - 31

The Scripture for today, in my Jesus Calling devotional by Sarah Young, was this:

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:29-31{New International Version {NIV}}
It was exactly what I needed to read today. It kind of astonishes me when that happens. You see, it's been a rough couple of weeks for me.  I had been feeling weary and very weak.  And when I read this, I am encouraged.  He gives me exactly what I need for each day.

Don't you just love it when the timing of a devotional speaks directly to you!

Take Care

3 comments:

Debra said...

Why yes I do!

Debra said...

Hope your feeling better too.😀

Anneliese said...

Yes, those verses are very encouraging. I hope you continue to be strengthened and blessed.