Monday, April 20, 2015 | By: Anita

Hello Monday...we meet again

It’s Monday!
We start the day, arguing over the chores that didn’t get done on the weekend. 
We get busy on our to-do list that we forget our to-be list. 
We stayed up too late watching the DVD’s because they’re due back at the Library.
We say goodbye to our morning walk.
We forget that it’s recycling day.
We get sidetracked to reading our devotions.
There’s dishes on the counter and the laundry has piled up.
Groceries need to be bought because there’s nothing for lunch.
It’s not even noon, and all I really want to do is take a nap. 

Maybe you’re in a rough season like I am? One where Mondays get the best of you Every. Single. Week.

Most of the time the house isn’t perfectly organized or even cleaned. The kitchen counter is often covered with dishes and the laundry continues to pile up. Many days go by without me getting to the books. And you know what? It’s not the end of the world.  It’s only Monday. It’s okay if I decide to spend a couple of hours sitting and reading a book.

I’m not sure when it happened but you’re more likely to hear “busy” than “fine” when you ask someone how they’ve been. Everyone’s always busy, busy, busy!

I’m not busy.

There. I said it. I'm fighting the urge to feel ashamed of my present circumstances. I feel like I’m wasting time. Getting through the day is just that ~ getting through. Sometimes it’s agonizing.

Take it from me. We don’t have to be “busy” for our lives to have significance.

Take Care

1 comments:

Debra said...

I think I've mentioned it before that I adore Mondays. Except for that recycling thing, that happens all to often.lol It's a fresh new week to start new things kind of like New's Years Day! Sometimes it means cleaning the kitchen but then that means cleaning it till it shines all sparkly or sometimes it means hanging out in my jammas till later then I care to mention. If you repeat that to anybody I will deny it. :)