Thursday, October 16, 2014 | By: Anita

Patience

Ok, let’s face it!

There are going to be times in our lives when we have to wait. Whether its at the grocery store, in the Doctors office, or at a stop light. I dont know about you, but I am NOT the most patient of people. {just ask the hubs} Especially when it comes to waiting for something, that Ive been specifically praying for.

It’s hard sometimes. Being patient in a difficult situation will always challenge us. And yet, patience is a delicate trait we are called to have. So, how can we practice patience daily in all circumstances?

It simply does not come easy for me. I am working on accepting my reality as a gift from God. In all things, He is God, and He is good. I long to be patient in every situation, yet more often than not, I find myself yearning and seeking things, that may or may not be a part of God’s plan for my life.

I was literally talking/praying out loud while I walked the country road and was working my way through the labyrinth of emotions related to our situation. I started the sentence with ‘If it is your will ... blah, blah’ and then I stopped. If it is his will? OK. Well, what if it’s not? I am not sure why but suddenly I felt I needed to make the prayer specifically about my heart. I began to think that praying if it is your will please let this or that happen leaves the door open to feel wronged and dismayed if I don’t ‘get’ what I want.  How about praying for trust in His leading that He will provide in HIS time. What if I changed my prayer to receive His decision with grace and acceptance?

If I believe that God is in control of my life, then no matter what happens, I must learn to remain in a place of peace and rest, {read patient} that I have all that I need.
Can a person who feels stuck really be trusting God with her future?

I believe so

God knows and understands the ache in my heart. But God, who knows the end from the beginning, must have something on the horizon. Until then, I lean, I trust and I let go.

Change is hard. Too often I find myself running ahead, trying to put all the pieces together. And if I am not patient, I may miss the God opportunities that are waiting for me. What if there is a blessing just around the corner and I miss it, because I crossed the street? In order to be patient, I must fully lean on the strength of the Lord, in each and every season.

It doesn’t matter what life throws at me, God remains the same. And I find so much comfort in knowing that though my circumstances will change, and they will change often, God Himself does not change. He remains the same.

I know that God has an amazing plan for our lives. {Jeremiah 29:11}

I will welcome this next season with open arms with excitement and joy, believing there is greater glory that will be given to the One who deserves it all.

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”
Philippians 4:13 {New Living Translation {NLT}}

How do you practice patience in your life?

Blessings

0 comments: