Tuesday, October 14, 2014 | By: Anita

Favourite Fourteen

I’ve been sitting here thinking and thinking about what I wanted to post today... You see it’s my birthday… and while we’re not really celebrating, it’s still kinda a big deal for me.
Since my birthday is always near or sometimes even on Thanksgiving, we’ve been celebrating usually one or the other. It wasn’t until 2010, when in June, Krystle got married and both boys left for post-secondary school that I really started to focus on making a Thanksgiving dinner.
 
In fact my one son asked me “Mom, do you even know how to cook a turkey?” Thanks J
 
While the kids lived at home we ate most of our meals together so it didn’t seem important to celebrate Thanksgiving with just us because we still went to my parents for dinner. So we focused more on my birthday… now with the kids all out on their own it’s hard to expect them to come home for mom’s birthday especially if it’s mid-week and/or it’s not a “special” one.
 
It’s ok really, it’s not like I am 7 or anything…

Every year, I’ve written about my birthdays and/or our Thanksgiving family times; and as I looked back over each year’s postings, my heart did a little happy dance..

So here are the 14 blog posts in the last 7 years of our celebrations.

2007 ~ I turned 40 

2008 ~ A birthday and postscript

2009 ~ Being thankful and birthday thoughts

2010 ~ New Thanksgiving traditions and birthday wishes

2011 ~ Celebrations and mid-week thanks 

2012 ~ Turning 45 and feeling blessed


2013 ~ Happy thoughts and family times and full of thankful

These are some of my favourite memories…

Blessings


2 comments:

Debra said...

Happy Birthday! I'm thankful for you!

Anneliese said...

Happy Birthday to someone still so young! =) I had to do some quick math and found out I am ten years older!