Thursday, October 9, 2014 | By: Anita

One day at a time

And then there are those handful of days when I don’t feel well, like today. I woke up at 4am. I’m not sure why exactly, other than it‘s been one of those nights. I do know that I don’t have the energy to commit to the day I had planned. Instead of getting it all done, I have to conserve energy, take care of myself, heal, and identify what I really need to accomplish.

If you struggle with chronic illness like me, or are under the weather, or are just having a bad day, take the pressure off and ask this question …

What’s the only thing you have to do today?


A few years ago, I would have pushed through, gone to work, ran errands, carried the world around on my shoulders, and pretended I felt fine, only to feel worse at the end of the day and the next day, and the day after that. Sound familiar?

But I’ve learned that…

cleaning can wait
errands can wait
email can wait
all of the other bits and pieces can wait.
If I feel better later I’ll do them and if I don’t, I won’t. They can wait.

I'll be feeling better soon, but this is a great reminder that doing less creates time and space to love more, enjoy more, and to be more.

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

Lifting a prayer for you...
Sounds like a rough day
Thinking of you

Bliss