Tuesday, July 8, 2014 | By: Anita

Bookwork

For as long as weve been married, Wayne & I have been farm business owners where we share the multiple tasks of running the business together. And for just as long, I have been the bookkeeper.  The lucky individual who keeps track of the accounts payable, accounts receivable, the cheque writer, the bank balancer, HST filer and anything else to do with record keeping. But as of late, I’ve gotten a few months behind in keeping the books up to date, again! OK, lets be honest, it’s been six months - yep that’s right I haven’t even started 2014
Normally I love 'doing' the books. I get excited balancing to the exact penny, even though the accountant says I dont need to. But as I sat at the computer yesterday, I found myself getting quite distracted by checking blogs, reading facebook updates, googling, sorting through e-mails and just about anything else I could find to prevent me from starting those books.

But then the hubs threatened, er I mean bribed me with a Friday night date to our favourite pub if I got started on the books. And with the rain falling outside it turned out to be a good day for book work. oh goody! So as I sat there entering data into the spreadsheet program, crunching the numbers and listening to the rain, I realized that I shouldn’t let myself get so far behind…

Is it because I am lazy and cant manage my time well?  Or perhaps I am just slow or late about doing something that should be done until a later time because I do not want to do it.  Does that make me a procrastinator?

How about you? Do you do what needs to be done right away and then simply relax, or do you put it off until you're rewarded with something special?

Blessings

1 comments:

Debra said...

If I like it then I do it right away. If i semi like it then its put away for a couple of days and then do it. If I loathe it, its last minute. At least I have categories for it all. That's a good thing right?