Friday, March 28, 2014 | By: Anita

Stumped

I really can’t remember how it began and whether it was Darcy or Kyle, it might have even been Krystle, who started it. But we’d play this game quite often when were driving for an extended period of time, or sitting in the hot tub.

Like I said it’s a made-up game and so I’ve made up the name “stumped”. It’s simple really… the first person mentions an actor and the next person names a movie that that actor is in and another actor from that same movie. If there are more than two people, you continue going around the circle, if there is just the two of you simply go back and forth. Until one of you cannot think of a movie that that actor is in, without repeating actors or movies. There are two ways that this game can end…if an actor or movie is mentioned that one player does not know, the person who mentioned it must come up with a different actor/movie that both players know, or if an actor/movie is not known the game simple ends and the other player is stumped…Simple right?

Here’s an example:
me: Christian Bale {who was in}
you: Batman Begins {with} ~ Michael Caine {who was in}
me: Austin Powers International Man of Mystery ~ {with} Elizabeth Hurley {who was in}
you: Bedazzled {with} ~ Brendan Fraser {who was in}
me: Blast from the Past {with} ~ Christoper Walkin {who was in}
you: Stepford Wives {with} ~ Matthew Broderick {who was in}
me: Ferris Bueller’s Day off {with} ~ Jennifer Grey {who was in}
you: Dirty Dancing {with} ~ Patrick Swayze {who was in}
me: Ghost {with} ~ Demi Moore {who was in}
you: G.I. Jane {with} ~ Viggo Mortenson {who was in}
me: Lord of the Rings {with} ~ Sean Bean {who was in}
you: The Italian Job {with} ~ Mark Wahlberg {who was in}
me: Date Night {with} ~ Steve Carrel {who was in}
you: Bruce Almighty {with} ~ Jim Carrey {who was in}
me: The Mask {with} ~ Cameron Diaz {who was in}
you: Charlie’s Angels {with} ~ Drew Barrymore {who was in}
me: Never Been Kissed {with} ~ David Arquette {who was in}
you: Scream {with} ~ Matthew Lillard {who was in}
me: Without a Paddle {with} ~ Seth Green {who was in}
you: Austin Powers Goldmember {with} ~ Kevin Spacey {who was in}
me: Seven {with} ~ Gwyneth Paltrow {who was in}
you: Shallow Hall {with} ~ Jack Black {who was in}
me: Kung fu Panda {with} ~ Angelina Jolie {who was in}
you: Mr & Mrs. Smith {with} ~ Brad Pitt {who was in}
me: Ocean’s Eleven {with} ~ Casey Affleck {who was in}
you: … {thinking}… {thinking}… STUMPED

It helps if you watch a lot of movies ~ which we do and you know your actors ~ which we do ….. It’s also a great way to learn more movies and actors.

What do you do on long car trips? How do you spend your time?  

Blessings


2 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like a fun game your family would be good at playing this...love the memories!

Bliss

krystle ann-marie said...

I'm pretty sure it was Kyle...or Darcy. :P I know it wasn't me.

Also Casey Affleck was in Good Will Hunting with Robin Williams. Your turn! :)