Friday, March 7, 2014 | By: Anita

Morning ?!?

I’m so not a morning person.

If you are a morning person, then I’m just a wee bit jealous of you. I try to be a morning person. Seriously, I do. But when the alarm goes off, generally speaking I give myself another five, ten, ok let’s be honest here, 45 more minutes to actually throw off the covers and get out of bed. 

I’m guessing that makes me not so much a morning person.

I really don’t like to talk to anyone in the mornings after I wake up, so I usually wait until the hubs has left for the bus, and then when he returns I am ready to start talking with him. He’s good with it; in fact he prefers that I don’t get up, as I only end up getting in his way and messing up his morning routine…

But there’s one thing that changes my perspective about getting up in the morning ~ and that’s devotionals. There is nothing like a morning devotional that gets my heart in line with what God has for me for the day. At the beginning of the year I made a “bucket list” type idea ~ 14 goals in 2014 to aspire too. One of the goals is to “Develop a better discipline in my life by spending time in God’s Word each day.”

Reading the Bible is an amazing way to start my day. It gives me the daily bread and help needed in everything I could end up facing throughout the day. So each morning, I find myself at the table with a warm cuppa tea, reading through my daily devotional, spending time in the Word and talking my plans for the day over with God. And then I can begin to live out my day intentionally according to the time I have spent with God in the morning.

Reading daily devotions to lead you to the Bible and to prayer; is a great way to stay connected to God every day!

Blessings


1 comments:

Becky said...

I struggle as well with doing a daily devotional, and I notice on the days I don't do it my day is soooo different than the days I do take the time to spend with God....He is getting it through to me the importance of starting the day right

Blessings
Bliss