Tuesday, February 4, 2014 | By: Anita

Things

It’s hard for me to write today’s post. It’s something that has been hard to accept, and if I‘m being honest, it makes me feel kinda bad.

You see over the last couple of months, we’ve had quite a lot to deal with. There has been some extra things going on, creating more tension. And I thought I was fine; I thought I was coping; I thought I was managing. But then I realized that I am tired. I mean really tired. Living with an auto-immune disorder  does that...

That’s ok, I thought, I’ll get some early nights, take some extra vitamins and surely in a few days, I’ll feel better. Except. I haven’t.

And then I start to feel overwhelmed with things. The simplest task starts to feel too much to cope with. It was starting to weigh heavy on me, but I kept pushing myself, thinking that it would pass in a few days, but it didn’t. I was trying so hard, giving every last bit of myself to keep my house clean, the dishes done, the laundry washed, dried & put away, run the errands, help at church, get the groceries, spend time with my husband and my friends and my family and… and I had nothing left for anything else.

I started to wonder where all this was heading. And more importantly ~ How could I get back on track?

And when I woke up this morning I realized, I needed to pause for a few days. To take some time out. To be, rather than do. To spend some time with God. 

To rest.

I’m trusting God that He is leading me to rest and has things covered while I let things go for a few days. And I’m trusting that this rest will help me to be present in the way I need to be so I can enjoy time with my family and friends again.  And hopefully this rest will give me the chance needed to be able to cope with the other things in life again.

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”Matthew 11:28-29 {New Interntional Version {NIV}}

Blessings

1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2. Hope this is helpful for your tired and weary spirit. :)