Wednesday, February 19, 2014 | By: Anita

Be still

It’s a heavy sort of morning.

Outside, the blanket of white beauty makes the world a little prettier. The scene outside my window look much more like a photograph than reality.

But it’s real … and a very real reminder to my heart this morning.  I am reminded that just as the blanket of snow outside makes everything a little prettier, so is His Love.

It makes things beautiful.
 

He hears prayer, He calms troubled hearts, and He proves over and over that He is Love. And that He is Good.

In this season, I am learning a few lessons… I cannot walk this journey without Him. Over and over again, there have been reminders from Him. Sometimes quiet whispers, sometimes not-so-quiet.

He reminds me that life isn’t about the doing, it’s about the being.
 

It’s learning to have a quiet heart… one that can be silent enough that when He speaks… I can actually listen. I have to admit that I’m not so good at that.

He just asks that we be stilland that involves so much more than just stopping.  We need to be intetentional about choosing to sit and be.

Right now, He’s asking one thing of this heart…

To be still.
And what He’s asking of me means a lot of things. For so many reasons, but especially after these past few days.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

I can sense that it is in being still that you know HIs peace blanketing you with warmth. Such a good reminder.