Saturday, August 10, 2013 | By: Anita

Shine your light

We’ve been spending time with the grand .. … . puppy that is. ... .. while our daughter and her husband are on much needed get-a-way up North with friends at their cottage. Needless to say having two dogs in the house is a lot more busy than having only one. But it’s been fun. Busy, but fun! Adding to that too, is the fact that I also worked at the centre for 9 hour days the past three days; making me realize again that I am not cut out for work. It's been busy, fun, nope just busy! But if it helps them out I’ll do it.

Giving our kids a hand every now and then is something we enjoy doing, whether it’s puppy sitting for Krystle, moving Kyle ~ again {in the next few weeks, this will be move #6 in the past 3 years!}, helping Darcy clean his apartment, working for Krystle, baking desserts for the boys or having laundry service available for them, and the list goes on. .. .. .. after all isn’t that what family is for? It’s a value that my parents instilled in me. Shortly after we were married my dad would come to the farm and “help” with everything and anything needed and in fact just the other week, my mom was here helping me turn bushels of apples into applesauce. .. ..

I think it’s important to help each other out. Maybe it is mundane at times, but maybe that’s only because I’m not thinking about it with the right attitude. The one of grace. It’s easy to get caught up in our lives and not realize how much impact we can have on the lives of other. A little thing can go along way. After all, it takes just a few minutes, to do a kindness for another person. It can be something small or the start of something big. But putting a smile on the face of someone is one of  the best gifts.  

Life can often be difficult, we all know this, but if each of us remembers to help one another, we’ll be doing our part in making life a bit more enjoyable for everyone.  There aren’t a lot of things you can do that can match the feeling you get when you help someone in some positive way.

Matthew 5:16
{New International Version (NIV)}
“In the same way, let your light shine before others,
that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
Shine your light and let the whole world see.. . .. . … ..
 
Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

love that scripture in Matthew...so needed that reminder as I begin preparing my mindset for returning to work...

THanks
Bliss