Monday, August 12, 2013 | By: Anita

Beloved

I’ve watched that Dove video about women who think they’re uglier than the world sees them countless times. And as the tears streamed down my face, I totally got it. But that doesn’t mean I don’t get weirded out when people say positive things about my looks. Because I do. Every. Time.

Am I the only one?


We know that our worth does not come from how we look, or what we do. We go to church. Read and study scripture. Bookmark Christian websites. Pen our faith in our journals. Proclaim it with our lips, in our homes, and even online. It’s too important to forget, yet remembering is so hard.

Why…is.. that…?


Is it simply that knowing with your head doesn’t equal believing with your heart?

We see the talents of others and stamp them Better. We compare ourselves to family, friends, even strangers and assign them a greater value because they’re doing something we cannot, will not, have not or may not even want to do!

When it feels like everyone around you seems to be achieving greater successes; or doing greater things; or enjoying the blessing of great marriage or having children or finding the perfect job; or maybe it seems like you don’t have any talent whatsoever, nothing unique to offer … whatever it feels like …

It’s not about what you do or don’t do, say or don’t say, or even how you look ~ God doesn’t love you any less or any more.  He simply does and it is enough!

We. Are. Beloved.

I presume you know these things but sometimes we need to be reminded.
 
Blessings

0 comments: