Friday, August 30, 2013 | By: Anita

A Box of Chocolates

Last night, I went to bed at nine o’clock. That’s normal for me, I was so tired and worn out that I had no choice but to head to bed. Sure, I could’ve pushed through another couple hours of work or done something more “productive,” but sometimes the most productive thing I can do is rest.

Some days I feel so useless. With everything that’s been going on around here lately I’ve reached my limit. My body has been refusing to cooperate.

Many days I’m just frustrated. I’m still trying to figure out who I am and what He’s created me to be. I know that ‘when I am weak, He is strong.’ I know that ~ but some days I just want more. I don’t want to be this weak. This broken.

That’s when He gently whispers… “Beloved, I created your inmost being; I knit you together in your mother’s womb.” Psalms 139:13 {paraphrased} And I realise ~ whether I like it or not, God has wired me just the way I am.

Life’s circumstances are rarely consistent. Despite the ups and down in life, it is great to try and learn to be content despite what’s happening around us. God is more powerful and has things under control. We can’t always see or understand how God works. It takes faith. Therefore, I need to choose to “rejoice in my sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance character and character hope.” Romans 5:3.

Notice I say, “I need to …” That’s easier said than done.

My God is far bigger than my problems. He’s bigger than my insecurities. Larger than my health issues. He has a plan. {Jeremiah 29:11} So maybe I should start looking at these current obstacles as opportunities. You know, the kind that can turn my life around?
 
Sometimes a difficult day comes out of nowhere, surprising you with its frustrations and challenges. Sometimes, though, it’s just the last day in a line of difficult days, days that have worn you down with their bumps in the road and unexpected troubles. Today was one of those days.

Is there anything that you're struggling with today?Maybe you’re better off giving it up to God and letting Him lead the way.

Blessings


0 comments: