Friday, June 7, 2013 | By: Anita

Front Porch Sitting

I love sitting on the front porch. Whether it’s early in the morning with a nice hot cup of tea, in the afternoon when the sun warms the area or in the evening as the day comes to an end. There’s something magical about sitting out there. We are very fortunate to live in the country where we have the most fantastic sunsets and great opportunities to enjoy the out of doors in our own backyard.

Growing up in a small town I never would have thought that I would become a country girl. It's kind of ironic, my mom was raised in the country who raised her family in town. We then raised our family out here on the family farm and now my daughter & husband live in town {although recently they informed they that they too would like to move out to the county}. There is just something about country living.

Our property is on the corner so we only have one neighbour and with 15 acres separating us, it's pretty secluded around here. Lending itself to give us the quiet, the tranquility, and quite possibly the best view around.

The country band Lonestar sing the song “My Front Porch Looking In”.
The only ground I ever owned was sticking to my shoes
Now I look at my front porch and this panoramic view
I can sit and watch the fields fill up
With rays of glowing sun
Or watch the moon lay on the fences
Like that's where it was hung
My blessings are in front of me
It's not about the land
I'll never beat the view
From my front porch looking in . .. …


While I do love the view from my porch looking in, as it reminds me of family & home, I also love the view looking out. 

Sitting on the porch with the one I love helps bring balance to every day.

Blessings

0 comments: