Tuesday, June 11, 2013 | By: Anita

Fear not

In Isaiah 41:10 {New International Version (NIV)} it says “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

There are many things that I am afraid of ~ spiders, skydiving, mice, snorkelling, snakes, pansies, um hallo, did you say pansies, as in the flowers? {yes, I know that one is irrational}, getting lost, not being good enough and sadly the list could go on.. .. .. .. .

I enjoy writing out my thoughts, ideas and opinions and have been doing so regularly for several days, and then, poof . . .. I ran out of words. There are a ton of things I could tell you, a lot of things I want to tell you and only a few things I can tell you like I am up to my eyeballs in trying to stay ahead of everything {mowing the lawn, baking, gardening, dishes, cooking, reading, laundry, weeding, cleaning and don’t get me started with how far behind I am in getting the bookwork done} and yet .. .. … Good things are coming down the pipes and when good things start to come into focus, unfortunately I have a bad habit of letting fear, anxiety and doubt invade my territory.

DANG IT.

It's okay.

Don't get me wrong it is not okay that fear, anxiety and doubt show up, but if and when you are able to realize/recognize that they are coming and you are prepared for it, then it will be okay. . . .. except when you forget to remember .. … anyways. . . remember this: Fear keeps you from being who God wants you to be and as soon as you remember that, then, poof . .. . . it all goes away. When fear, anxiety and doubt creep up, recognize it, quote those scriptures of encouragement into your life and hand all your worries over to God. Pray for wisdom, and then get on with what you are doing.

Be who HE made you to be. You can do it {and so can I}, wanna know why?

Because “I can do all things through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13 {New International Version (NIV)}

Blessings



0 comments: