Tuesday, February 5, 2013 | By: Anita

Viva la Winter

Ooooh ~ the weather outside’s been frightful but the fire is mhmhmm delightful and since weve no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it … .. . ... .. WHAT?!? Wait a minute - it isnt Christmas anymore! But what a pile of snow we have and it is such a welcome sight . .. yes, I know, I was just in Jamaica ~ but . … . .. . ..

As I was chatting with a friend the other day she called me a snow lover I am not sure whether she meant it as a compliment or not ~ I am thinking not ~ but Ill take it as one regardless. I love the snow, in fact I love each season that we in Canada are blessed with.
Spring with it’s length of daylight rapidly increasing, weather is warming significantly, time of growth, and renewal. During the Summer our days continue to lengthen, getting hotter and drier and for those in school it means a reprieve from all studies. Autumn with it’s rich vibrant colours showcasing the true beauty of it’s season. The time of year we celebrate all our hard work from the spring by harvesting our crops. And last but not least Winter, with it’s crunch of the snow as you walk, the clean crisp air, the magical view of the world all in white. Sure they are pros and cons to each season. I don’t like the mucky rain weather spring gives us, sometimes the heat in the summer can be overwhelming, and the fall with it’s evenings getting shorter and shorter, and of course winter with it’s snow filling the roads making them impassable to get anywhere. But after spending 12 days in the Caribbean ~ which didn’t feel like January cause it was so warm ~ I realized how lucky we are to experience our 4 seasons.

Two weeks ago I was wearing my bathing suit and today I sit here with long underwear on under my pants, two sweaters, woollen socks, slippers and I’m still cold.

Viva la winter!

Blessings

1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

Ugh I just keep thinking that in 3 months from now it will be beautiful!