Saturday, February 2, 2013 | By: Anita

Boundaries

Sometimes, I have to say no. And while it can be extremely difficult ~ it’s important for me to do so.  It’s being true to what I am really feeling.

So I say no ~ not today ~ not now ~ I’m sorry, I can’t. But then I struggle with the guilt, it washes over me and floods my thoughts.

Ugh!

How can I say no?


They need me, need my help, need my service and maybe need God through me.

So the thoughts keep spinning that I’m just being selfish and would it have really hurt me to drop what I’m doing to add more to my plate? Would it have really hurt me to give one more afternoon because people give to me and so shouldn’t I give back?

All that I have?

All that I am?


But then I remember what I can be like when I don’t take care of myself. The tailspin that can create the emotional withdrawal, the physical decline. 

Setting boundaries and establishing limits makes me MORE able to help, more able to be present, more able to be me in those times that are appropriate. And that dear friends is the woman who they were asking for in the first place.

Blessings

1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

Thanks, this is JUST what I needed to read today. :)