Monday, October 22, 2012 | By: Anita

Whatever

I’m going through my day and suddenly an uninvited thought pops into my mind. 
You know what I’m talking about ~ as I’m sure it happens to you too.  At church. In a meeting. While you’re trying to type a blog post.

Suddenly something you never want to think is right there in the middle of your little head. And the more you try not to think about it, the more you do.

Yes, sirree-bob! .... .. ..

It could be a word you don’t usually say, a doubt that has never popped up in before, an unkind observation.

You think, “How could I think this? What is the matter with me?” You wonder if you’re a fraud. What would everyone think if they knew? And God does know, what is He thinking? You whisper a quick prayer for forgiveness and carry on with your day. .. .. .. . …only to have it happen again.

Here’s the good news: you’re human. This happens to all of us. And as long as we’re on this side of eternity it’s going to continue.

Yet, we can choose our response.

I’ve learned those thoughts aren’t me {at least not the real me}. So I don’t need to beat myself up for them or spend time trying to figure out what in the world is the matter with me and now the day is ruined because I just can’t believe what I just thought.

So I decided that I won’t get down on myself and I try to get on with my day ~ with all God has planned. He’s made me who I am and has given all of us all we need to complete His purposes for our lives right now and always.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Philippians 4:8 (NIV)

Now there’s a welcome thought.

Blessings

0 comments: