Tuesday, October 16, 2012 | By: Anita

Adjusting

The past several months have been an adjustment and perhaps a little crazy. Good crazy. Bad crazy. Just plain crazy!!!

The upheaval began this past April when I resigned from my job. You can read all about that here.

It was a scary decision, and one I do not regret. I thoroughly enjoyed taking the summer off to rest, refresh and renew. However as the summer came to an end we knew something would need to change.

Ready for more crazy? The really, really good kind of crazy?

In an unreal twist of events I was offered a job and you can read about that here.

I started a couple of weeks ago and I am thrilled if not a little overwhelmed.

Although it is a great opportunity, adjusting to a new job is always a bit of an adventure. I’ve done it before … but this time it’s different. I’ve had a few opportunities to adjust to a new job. Sometimes getting used to my new role and a new set of co-workers was easy. Other times … not so much.

Starting a new job can be both exhilarating and stressful.
Like in my most recent case, I’m hoping my excitement will outweigh any apprehension ~ which by the way, I’ve learned that that it is perfectly normal to feel nervous when embarking on a new adventure.

But this time it feels different.

Could it be that I’ve had too much time off and am not used to actually working? Or maybe it’s my age{no comments from the peanut gallery}  How about the fact that I’ve been struggling with different health issues - could that be it? Could it be that I’m so seriously under-qualified that I am afraid of letting them down? Or maybe I’ve just lost the self-confidence in my abilities.

Truth be told I am not 100% sure why, I only know that it does.

Maybe I just need to give myself time to adjust to everything.

Blessings

0 comments: