Tuesday, October 30, 2012 | By: Anita

we do

i used to think divorce was the worst thing that could happen to me.

now i know that there are worse things: like living a lie, like thinking it’s all my fault for not fixing it, like trying to pretend everything is oh-so-fine. after all we have a “reputation” to protect.

being real hurts. hiding is so much easier - or so it seems while you’re hiding.

living in truth is painful. but it sets you free.

lies bind. truth frees.

i used to think it was my job to fix everything, to make everyone happy, to be a “good wife” ~ whatever that means. i expended outrageous amounts of energy trying not to make mistakes. and even more energy trying to cover up for others’ mistakes.

in the end, hiding wasn’t easier. it was exhausting.

now i understand that my only job is to live openly, vulnerably, courageously - freely making mistakes and freely learning from them.

don’t worry. we are not divorcing.
together, we are stumbling around, living our lives as honestly as we can.

Blessings

2 comments:

Becky said...

I need to get me one of those signs

Bliss

Anneliese said...

Great plaque!