Friday, September 7, 2012 | By: Anita

Fragmented

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

One thing I have been thinking about lately is how fragmented lives are today. Maybe yours isn’t, but mine is in some ways and I suspect this is true for many. I’ve been thinking about this because there are friends I want to see that I haven’t in a long time, and life just feels too full. Full of good things, but too full nonetheless. And the fullness comes, in large part, because of trying to keep myself integrated into too many circles.

I was thinking about how nothing is simple relationally because life is made up of so many different parts and fragments.
We have all these circles with which we try and long to meaningfully connect with in some way. And which all require their own effort and time and emotional investment.

We worship with one group of people.

We are related to another group of people.

We are friends with yet another group of people.

We work with another group of people.

And they basically never intersect.

In fact, to be perfectly honest, I think I would do very well as a hermit! Sometimes it is just easier to focus on home and hearth and just let the world go by. But I know that is not best for anyone in the long run and so I continue to pray that God will help me settle physically, emotionally and mentally in a place where HE would have us and we would see fruit borne from our efforts.

Just some ramble-y thoughts from my mind and heart today…

Blessings

0 comments: