Saturday, September 8, 2012 | By: Anita

A day for me

Even as I write that title, I have this sense of overwhelming guilt spread through me. After all, Anita you don't really need day for yourself do you? You resigned from your job over 4 months ago - what could you possibly need a day for yourself for? Yah, yah ,I know I am my own worst critic. But really since I have resigned from my job I tend to spend each and everyday anyway I like. If I want to lounge in bed till 8:30 - I do, if I want to get up and go for a walk - I do. Running errands? Sure, I do those too, but it is at my leisure.

But today was different ~ you see I got to spend the day with Krystle ~ and what a wonderful blessing it was.

Did we do anything profound or life-altering? Have a theological discussion? Solve all the worlds’ problems? Not really.

Did we spend an inordinate amount of time laughing, chatting, shopping, and building into our relationship? YOU BET WE DID!!!

I’m incredibly blessed to have her live close enough that we can see each other on a regular basis and doubly blessed that she enjoys spending time with me. Our time together always bolsters my spirit.

How about you? Do you take time for you? Do you spend time with someone who gives you that lift? Or do you run from one thing to the next and never take time for yourself?

My challenge is this ~ Book a day for yourself in the next couple of weeks and slowly teach yourself that you are just as important as all those things you do. By taking a day to rest & rejuvenate you'll find that you're able to deal with everything else you've got going on in your life.

Blessings
 

1 comments:

Becky said...

Yes I thouroughly enjoyed a day of shopping last Saturday with mom....Mostly because it was a successful venture ( in where I ACTUALLY found a few outfits)
I know there was LOTS of things I could have done at home...but this was SO MUCH more fun.....
I 100% agree with you that you need to take time for yourself...

INDULGE
Bliss