Tuesday, September 18, 2012 | By: Anita

At last

It’s been several months since I resigned from my job. It was a decision that we knew had to made and yet it was far from easy. I spent the summer months relaxing; either reading on my deck or sitting under the gazebo. I enjoyed spending time walking down the quiet country roads. Mostly I found that each day I could unwind from the stress and pressure from work.

But to everything there is a season and my season of rest was coming to an end. When September rolled around I found myself getting a little anxious in what I was supposed to do. I started perusing job websites, going through the paper, and chatting with others in my attempt to find a job. Sure there were plenty of jobs available, but the thing was I was being quite particular about the job I wanted or better yet needed. With my health issues I found that I didn’t want full-time nor was I interested in working at a fast-food place.

Finally after a bit more time a few jobs were starting to get listed that I would be in interested in. However most of them they were still 18 - 27 hours a week, which probably for the average person would be quite doable, but Wayne was concerned for my well-being. He needed not worry as I was not getting offered any of these jobs.  To be honest I was starting get quite discouraged as nothing or so it seemed was happening. However, I only needed to be patient. For you see I believe “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” {Romans 8:28}

As I was walking last Thursday, in my desperation I called out to God and begged for an explaination of what I was to do. 
As I get home there was a message on my answering machine from a friend needing to ask me something. Long story short - she offered me a job. A part-time, part-time job. Which basically means that I would work 1, maybe 2 days a week working at Bakelaar Jewellers as a sales consultant girl. {I mean who am I kidding I know nothing of the jewellery business except that I like it.}

Anyway, as I’ve been sharing this story with family & friends I am reminded again how God does love me and cares deeply for my well-being. Even though I think I know what I need/want, I don’t always see the big picture. I mean how cool is it that on the very day that I was anxious and looking for answers that she would call, considering that she later told me that she knew about needing more staff for about a month.

We can be easily get discouraged when things don’t work they way we think, or in our timing, but we should realize that God only has our best interests at heart. While I may not know the future I do know the ONE who holds my future and I only need to put my trust in HIM. {Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”} What an awesome reminder!!!

Blessings

2 comments:

Debra said...

Oh my goodness!!! I think you'll be great!!

Debra said...

And love the new look. :)