Thursday, August 9, 2012 | By: Anita

To think or not to think

There is so much whirring around in my head but I can’t seem to organize any of it into a well packaged blog post. There is everything and there is nothing. Sorting through it is overwhelming. I take a deep breath and keep going.

Everyday.

One day at a time.

Looking too far ahead makes the butterflies in my tummy start flapping. Reflecting on the past sometimes stirs up more pain than joy. So I try my best to keep my head and my heart in today.

To be present.

To savour every moment I have with the people I love.
Instead of giving up on God coming through for me, I need to go to him and ask him what he wants me to change. I can start with me. And it begins with learning to wait.
We need times of quiet and reflection, times of inner peace and relaxation. If we are preoccupied with plans and a compulsive need to succeed and be appreciated, or if we are tired, tense and stressed, it is difficult to slow down and listen to reality and to others.

There is this feeling of 'betwixt and between'? It seems that the way I used to define myself, my life, no longer makes sense. So it is important to find a healthy rhythm of life, and to know how much rest we need and the types of relaxation that give life.

Blessings

0 comments: