Wednesday, August 1, 2012 | By: Anita

A new month

.. .. .. a new chance.

I love the 1st day of each month!

It's a chance at a fresh start ... again! Too often I get caught up in the fact that new chances or changes can only happen on New Year's Day. It makes me think that I have to stay in the mold or rut I am in because it's not a 'new year', only a new day. But that's just it isn't it. It IS a NEW day. We're given a fresh chance everyday to become a better person than we were the day before. Living out our lives day to day can be pretty monotonous; doing what we've always done. Why is it then, we are so astonished to get the same end result as before? Seems kind of obvious, doesn't it? If you want different end results you need to make some changes. But what to change? Where to start?
Not wanting to go the wrong way, we hesitate to make that first step.  I need to remind myself that "I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 {NIV}

So I take my next step in faith, knowing that God is with me as I go forward, backwards, or even sidewards.  The key is to not stand still, but to trust in Him and to experience all that He has for me; to understand that He only has my best intentions in mind and to rely on Him for all things.

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks I need that reminder... that each day is a new day... I can start again... my "summer challenges" have not been as successful as I would like... but it is a new day and I can try again... If He is still working on me... why should I give up? I can do ALL things through Christ who strengenths me
Blessing
Bliss