Friday, August 10, 2012 | By: Anita

Change of Plans

With the rain gently falling today, my plans have changed. Years ago that would have sent me into a tailspin - after all most of us like to be in control of our day.

However, most days I must admit I spend sitting outside reading, soaking up as many rays of sunshine that I can. Yes, yes, of course, I do load or two of laundry each day, and yes, I still make lunch & supper for us, I also take Sasha for her daily walk, but other than that I don’t DO a lot each day.

With yesterdays rain preventing me from sitting outside I was able and even willing to get the house cleaned. And boy did I clean - my mother would be proud {yes mom I know you already are} - I cleaned the house from top to bottom and everywhere in between and you know what??? It actually felt good. But now with today’s rain, what will I do??? I’m not about to clean again - that would just be silly. I suppose I could work at the books. You’ll recall this post and while I did in fact have good intentions, I must confess that I still have not started any book work. In my defence though you should know that I have to create a new work sheet on-line using Google docs rather than the original file. 
Each time I think about this I get overwhelmed with the thought of having to create a new  spreadsheet before I can even DO the bookwork and hey, let’s be honest here it’s just easier to leave it at least for a few more months. Unfortunately the December deadline is looming closer and closer.

So maybe today's rain is God’s gentle way of reminding me there is more to do each day that just soak up the sun. And since I cannot sleep because the rain on our tin roof sounds like metal spikes being pounded in - I guess I'll get an early start this morning.

Blessings 

2 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like procrastination to me...which is just what I am doing this morning...sitting at the computer instead of emptying my china cabinet to get ready for the new carpet in the living room on Monday

Okay READY... SET.... GO!!!!!
Blessings\Bliss

krystle ann-marie said...

It's all worth it when it's over. What a feeling of accomplishment! :) Then you can really enjoy the rest of your day! :)