Sunday, March 4, 2012 | By: Anita

disclaimer

I love blogs.

I know. I’ve posted about this kind of thing before. But it bears repeating.

I love blogs. I get inspired and rejuvenated when I get a minute to read what others write, and there's something inside me that feels so fulfilled when I have a chance to spill out my own feelings and to make a record of what I’m up to or where I am growing in this blog. Once I write things down, it's like my brain can relax instead of holding tight onto things that may otherwise get lost in the vast expanse of my own forgetfulness.

But some things trouble me about bloggers.

The trouble with bloggers is that we tend to accentuate the positive instead of the negative. It's human nature. And that's good, isn't it? I mean really, who wants to follow a blogger who only writes about negative stuff. The bad part is that we see that positive "tip of the iceberg" that others are portraying and compare our worst to their best. Did you catch that? We compare our worst to their best? Uh, wait a minute - that’s not right.. .. . But that's human nature, I guess. And that kind of comparing is not good.

Those kinds of things make me wonder how I can make this more real life. I mean, I want to capture life as it is. But you know what? Life as it is; is good. Not because it's perfect by any stretch of the imagination, because it isn't. My heart worries endlessly about random things that probably don't need to be worried about. I forget important things. I have about a bazillion wrinkles. I get mad as a hornet about dumb stuff.

But life is good because I love it. And I'm thankful for it. .. . .. especially when I break it down into moments. Especially when I slow down enough to enjoy the journey. And that's the kind of stuff I like to write about.

I guess this post is really meant to say that I’ve struggled with writing the last several posts. I worry that writing about my honest thoughts and feelings, someone out there might judge and not like me. But since this year is all about being honest I can’t worry anymore about making my life sound like it's all hunky-dory. There are a million worries and concerns along with the good stuff.

So I'm just going to go ahead and let it all hang out and not worry anymore, because people are going to interpret my blog any way they want, and I can't change that.

Enough said.

Blessings

0 comments: