Saturday, March 17, 2012 | By: Anita

Crocheting 101

or perhaps this should be named The Idiots Guide to Crocheting.

A couple weeks ago my friend Deb posted about her crocheted hats. I was impressed when I read that she could whip up a couple of hats in the matter of a few hours. OK, let's be honest, I was jealous. I wanted to be able to do this too. So I called my Mom and asked her if she could teach me to crochet. Her reply? - "of course - crocheting is easy!"

With this free pattern off the Internet off I went, to spend the day with my mom and learned to crochet. The end result? ... . .. . Hours of frustration as I sat there struggling with the difference between a double crochet, slip stitch, single crochet and perhaps the most difficult was the double crochet decrease. After I left Mom's I felt quite confident. But alas it didn't last too long. Without her supervision, I found myself becoming more frustrated as I could not remember some of the simple steps. Thankfully someone uploaded a video to YouTube so that even I could follow the dreaded 'double crochet decrease' in a step by step process. Which I ended up playing over and over again each time I needed to apply it to my hat!

So the real end result? Voila!Of course it took me a week to do this, not a matter of a few hours, but hey, I did it!

Blessings

4 comments:

Becky said...

Way to go GOOD for you to stick with it until the project is complete

looks good
hope the second one is better

Bliss

krystle ann-marie said...

I love it! Looks great! And fits great too ;)

creating said...

Auh, the problem Anita is that we want to do it perfect without practicing. My example is that I wish I could play the piano but alas i do not want to practice!! :( KEEP practicing. It looks good to me

Debra said...

I like it!