Wednesday, March 7, 2012 | By: Anita

Cupboards, closets & drawers

oh, my!

Cupboards, closets & drawers ~ oh, my!

These past few weeks I have been busy. Busy with cleaning, sorting, organizing, and generally de-cluttering the farm house of alot of needless stuff.

It all started when I just couldn't stand to look at all the clutter my desk held, anymore. Too often I found myself taking the easy way out and would just close the doors. With the desk sitting in the kitchen though, I just could not ignore it any longer. So I started. Cubby by annoying little cubby, I went through it all. The end result?

tada! {notice we removed the top doors - no more cheating for this gal!}

But this was just the start of things to come. There was many more cupboards, closets & drawers that needed going through.

As I took numerous boxes to the second hand store, countless bags to the dump, I realized that we have a tonne of stuff. Stuff that I've kept for ..... for what? For the off chance I might need it?

It's been such a rewarding time. As I've looked through the stuff to toss, the stuff to give away and the stuff I'm not quite ready to give up yet, so many memories resurfaced. It's been very therapeutic, time-consuming, but so therapeutic. Even though I knew I couldn't hold onto the "stuff" anymore, I know all those memories are safely tucked in the recesses of my heart.

As I write, I'm still not done. But I've made great headway. The goal? To get the house done!.... by summer....... or fall..... or.... well, let's just take it one room at a time shall we? >.<

Blessings

2 comments:

Becky said...

WOW looks great... and I am sure it feels great too. I know I have really become a procrastinator as of late.. especailly in cleaning my house... but I know how much I LOVE when it is done.

Bliss

krystle ann-marie said...

And about 17 million boxes came to my house too. For now, it's shoved in our spare room ;)