Sunday, September 11, 2011 | By: Anita

Where were you?

It seems that when a major event happens we can easily recall where we were when we heard the news. For those a little older than me you can probably recall where you were when you heard that JFK was shot, or when Pearl Harbor was bombed. Those closer to my age can remember when John Lennon was murdered or that Elvis had died.

Do you remember where were you when you heard the news that the twin towers had been attacked? I do. I was in my car driving to work and just like when you hear any devastating news, my mind could barely comprehend what was being said. Once I had returned home and saw the news footage, I stood in shock watching those planes as they crashed.

Today as I reflect on the 10th anniversary, I'm reminded of this song that Alan Jackson wrote a few weeks after the tragedy.

Each time this song plays on the radio, I see those images from the newsreel, and I find myself remembering those who died that day. The words in the song made it easy for people to see themselves in the poignant lyrics. Perhaps that's what makes this song, though it's 10 years old, one of Alan Jackson's greatest hits.

The last line of the chorus Faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us, And the greatest is love is quoted from 1 Corinthians 13:13 New International Version (NIV) "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

May those words be a gentle reminder to us all.

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

Good song wonderful lyrics...thanks for sharing


Bliss