Wednesday, September 14, 2011 | By: Anita

Distracted.....

These past few days I must admit I have been very easily distracted not unlike "Dug" the talking dog from Disney's Pixar movie UP.

From Wikipedia - distraction is explained as "the divided attention of an individual or group from the chosen object of attention onto the source of distraction. Distraction is caused by: the lack of ability to pay attention; lack of interest in the object of attention; or the great intensity, novelty or attractiveness of something other than the object of attention. Distractions come from both external sources, and internal sources."

It's not that I lack the ability to pay attention, it's more a lack of interest in the object of attention. For example - today, I should be cleaning the house, doing the laundry, would love to get out for walk, I have new books from the library that I'd love to start reading and yet, here I sit distracted at the computer.

With so much to do: laundry, cooking, cleaning, going for walks, grocery shopping, canning, working outside the home, lawn care, bookwork, flowerbeds, baking, reading, it's no wonder that I am so easily distracted.

Where to start? and perhaps the better question is, will I have to do it all over again tomorrow? I find it gets quite tiresome day in and day out doing the same thing over and over and over again. It's like being in a hamster wheel, always running but never getting anywhere

~ ~ well that's enough ranting, time to go!

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

Distraction is sometimes a good thing...then you can leave behind all the " to do's " on the list
and leave them for another day...you taught me that

Bliss